Monday, January 25, 2010

Dark Days Meal #11


I sat down to my dark days meal early this week, Monday to be exact. I went in to have my wisdom teeth out on Wednesday and I assumed nobody wanted to see pictures of smoothies and vegetable juice which would sustain me for the rest of the week. So on Monday, while my kids were both in school (new for me) I sat down to a great lunch while I caught up on some other Dark Day Challengers blogs. Over at Hippychick's Adventure she wrote a wonderful little post while describing her meal that almost matched what I had in front of me. It was beautiful to read and made my lunch that much better. I cooked some red onion and garlic in olive oil and a bit of balsamic vinegar (not local). After it cooked for 6-7 minutes I poured it over a salad of sliced cabbage, kale, snap peas, radishes, green garlic and garbanzo beans (all local and from the market). To make it a complete meal I then poured the salad on top of a bed of reheated Lundberg Brown rice and chopped up some hard boiled eggs to go on top. I'm still not back to 100% from having my teeth out, but I am ready for this salad again!

No comments:

Post a Comment